Monday, May 18, 2009

Day 3

Today we went for another doctor visit. 4th this month, already. He says, he still hears voices, have wrong perceptions, is still hallucinating and so on... and then, increased the dosage. Well, should I be happy that he still is below the maximum dosage?
Honestly, I was. So, we still have hope.

I know, things like this well take their own time. But, 5 years is a long time. Very Very v..e..r..y long time. I don't know about others who are in the same situation. I wish I knew, and I wish how they dealt with it. There is a nice website on schizophrenia (http://www.schizophrenia.com/). But like with anything on the web, there are both +ve and -ve sides to it.

Also, most of the users there are Americans. And I think, cultural differences matter when it comes to dealing with mental illnesses. We come from a conservative background, don't have our family or any support system here and if such illnesses gobble us up, we just don't know what to do.

పోనీ ఇంటికి ఫోన్ చేసి మాట్లాడదామా అంటే ఇల్లాంటివి పెద్దవాళ్ళు, వాళ్ల B.P లతో ఎలా తీసుకుంటారోననే భయమూ, ఏమి చెయ్యాలో దిక్కు తోచని పరిస్థితి. ఇలాగ ఐదేళ్లు గడిచిపోయాయ్.

Sometimes, I really appreciate the American society. They are far more tolerating than us when it comes to such mental illnesses. Probably, because they do more research or బహుశా, ఇక్కడి పిచ్చి జనాభా ఎక్కువేమో. :) ఏదేమైనా, ఇదే పరిస్థితి మన దేశంలో ఐతే, జనాలు ఈ పాటికి మమ్మల్ని వేలేసేవాళ్ళేమో.

Anyway, with all this going on, he went to office today, after a very very long time. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. భగవంతుడా, ఏ రభసా జరగకుండా చూడు తండ్రీ.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
joy గారూ, మీ పోస్ట్ కి ధన్యవాదాలు.

1 comment:

  1. hope every thing wil be alright amdi...the site is also good andi...do follow it for the suggestions ...a beautiful mind ani eng lo oka movie kudaa umdi...amdulo main character ki schizo.....ok andi bye for now

    ReplyDelete